Community face masks
Evolon® : eco-friendly high-performance textile material for community masks
Masks made from Evolon® provide protection against a variety of particles. They are amazingly light, comfortable and breathable, so wearing them for longer periods of time is not a hassle. Additionally, they contribute to a lower waste burden because they are washable and reusable. Last but not least, Evolon® can be delivered white, dyed or printed, so that the masks can fit all looks and preferences.
In a nutshell:
• Fabric suitable for community masks (or barrier masks) helping to fight the spread of Covid19, according to AFNOR SPEC S76-001:2020 and revised informative note dated 29th March 2020
• Suitable for allergy sufferers
• Solid particle filtration
• Lightweight and comfortable
• Breathable, perfect moisture management
• Free of harmful substances: Oeko-Tex 100, product class I, appendix 6 (white base fabric)
• Easy converting for mask manufacturers: non-fraying edges, customization possible by dyeing and printing, suitable for welding or sewing
• Made in the EU
In the fight against the Covid19 pandemic
Some variations of the Evolon® textile material have been qualified for use as face masks to protect groups of people having occasional contact with others. This means these materials fulfill the required levels of particle filtration and air permeability defined in the AFNOR SPEC S76-001 French specification.
Additionally, Evolon® can be combined with other fabrics to create new composite materials for face masks. E.g. Evolon® light layer can be used for filtration properties, combined with a traditional fabric, for different visual aspects.
For pollen allergy sufferers
Pollens measure 3-200 µm. Barrier masks made from Evolon® - in the above-mentioned references - fulfill the filtration requirements of particles of 3µm. Therefore it can be assumed that Evolon® masks can help significantly decrease pollen allergy symptoms by preventing pollens from entering the nose and mouth.
Proven efficiency: particle filtration and breathability
The performance of the qualified materials (unwashed and after washing) has been measured by the laboratories of
• DGA Maîtrise NRBC, 5 rue Lavoisier, F-91710 Vert-le-Petit, under the following report numbers: report RP/20-1940/DGA MNRBC/2000305/NP Version 3 dated 26/03/2020, report RP/20-2272/DGA MNRBC/2000305/NP Version 1 dated 10/04/2020, report RP/20-4761/DGA MNRBC/2000305/NP Version 1 dated 29/05/2020 and report RP/20-4956/DGA MNRBC/2000305/NP Version 1 dated 03/06/2020.
• IFTH, F-69134 Ecully (report 20-02375/IFTH dated 09/10/2020 and report 20-02518/IFTH dated 18/10/2020).
Please contact us to identify the suitable qualified references for your need.
The above-mentionned Evolon® references are usable for so-called community masks as defined by AFNOR SPEC S76-001:2020 and revised informative note from 29th March 2020. These are not medical face masks, surgical masks or FFP masks.
Freudenberg Performance Materials supplies fabric rolls to its customers. Each mask manufacturer is responsible for choosing the most appropriate material reference according to the applications, techniques and styles. Each manufacturer is in particular responsible for the compliance of its masks with local and national regulations and the allegations made.